The Website is used as part of CAMILLA’s eBoutique which supplies and markets direct to consumer leading high-end fashion and design pieces.
You acknowledge that CAMILLA is a data controller of the personal information (which has the same meaning as ‘personal data’) you provide to us. This means that CAMILLA determines what data and information is collected and how it will be used.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you when you register for or use the Website, purchase and pay for goods or services, contact or interact with us, sign up for our newsletter or other mailing list, fill out a form, apply for a job online, and voluntarily provide us with your comments and other content in connection with using the Website.
When you register for an account on the Website, we may collect: your name, your email address, and your password.
When you place an order via the Website, we may collect: your name, address, company or business name or identifier, email address, password, telephone number, credit card number, card expiration date, cvv, and other information sufficient for our payment processors to process the transaction and provide fraud screening, information security, and compliance, other account information, and any other information that you provide while registering or placing an order.
When you submit information on our "contact us" form, we may collect: your name, email address, telephone number, and any additional information you choose to provide to us as part of your submission.
When you submit a wholesale enquiry, we may collect: your name, email address, store name, store number, website and other information about your business.
When you apply for a job through the Website, we may collect: your name, email address, telephone number, and any information you provide through your cover letter, resume or otherwise through the careers section of the Website. If you choose to apply online for a posted job on the Website, please do not include or provide any sensitive or unique identifying details known only to you (such as your GovID identifier, social security number, credit card or bank account numbers, and non-work related personal information such as eye color, marital status, etc.)
When you book a styling appointment, we may collect: your name, email address, telephone number, postal code, and any other information you provide in your request.
When you access and use the Website, we automatically collect information regarding you and your device, including your device’s internet protocol address, the domain name of your internet service provider, your location, the URL through which you reached the Website, the Website features you use and the time of your use, your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Additional information collected is described in the analytics and cookies sections below.
We may collect information about you from third party sources. If you apply for a job through the Website, we may collect personal information in connection with a background check or employment references. The Website provides connections with Facebook, Instagram, twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other similar platforms. Through Facebook contests, we collect your name, country and email address.
While it is not ordinary practice for CAMILLA to collect special categories of personal information (also known as sensitive information), if we do collect or process these categories of personal information we will do so for the following reasons:
- Compliance with applicable law - where the processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- Detection and prevention of crime - where the processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights - where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- Consent - where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to processing your special categories of data or where this has been provided by you during the course of correspondence with us to inform us of any special delivery/assistance requirements or as part of a complaint or grievance procedure or in relation to an accident or incident which has occurred on our premises.
How we process personal information and data
What We Use Your Personal Data For
Camilla’s Lawful Basis for processing
Camilla’s Legitimate Interests
Creating an account
Performance of a contract
Perform website personalisation
Improving customer experience and interaction with Camilla’s sites
Perform Web Analytics
To improve our understanding how customers use our website, where we should place different products and what to market to you
Processing your order(s)
Performance of a Contract
To undertake customer surveys, questionnaires and product reviews or market research
To develop products and services to attract and retain customers
Communicating the status of your order(s)
To review and improve our efficiency in the processing of purchases.
To identify improvements to our service
To allow us to notify you about the status of your order
Marketing communications to provide you with information relating to special offers, promotions or sales.
Consent / Legitimate Interest (depending upon the nature of the communication)
To improve customer interaction with Camilla’s sites and attract and retain customers
To promote our products to you and keep you up to date with exciting news from Camilla.
Changes to our services such as improvements to our website or new services that may be of interest
To improve customer interaction with Camilla’s sites and attract and retain customers
To improve our processes and services
Targeted advertisements (including online)
Consent / Legitimate Interest (depending upon the nature of the communication)
To promote our products to you
To improve your experience on our site, allow you to transact with our website, and/or to allow targeted advertisements of products and services that may be of interest to you.
Subscriptions (such as to our newsletter)
Analytics, Management Information, research, demand planning and forecasting
To help us understand shopping habits and to plan and develop our product ranges
To help us plan our product supply chains and fulfilment of orders
To identify new audiences and campaigns for our products, product development or services
Providing general customer service
(e.g. Dealing with your general enquiries such as product or account or orders, availability of products, returns, replacements, refunds, complaints)
Performance of Contract /
(depending upon the nature of the communication)
To help us manage your account
To help us improve our customer service processes, products, personal shopping service and to deal with your enquiry
To keep our records up to date
To fulfil any Data Subject Right Requests (e.g. to correct your data)
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To provide information and services to you;
- To process and deliver your orders;
- To provide user verification services;
- To create or add to your registered account;
- To connect with your social media accounts;
- To process and respond to your enquiries and comments;
- To manage our recruiting and hiring process and employment if you are hired by CAMILLA;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To improve the Website or develop new products and services;
- To personalise and enhance your experience using the Website;
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, marketing communications etc. Note: if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Website usage patterns;
- To analyse the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Website;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To facilitate payment transactions (your information will be used to submit your payment information to our payment processor);
- To display relevant advertising;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- To administer, operate and improve the Website and for internal business purposes; and
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Third party service providers and business partners
Some other examples of third-party service providers who we currently use and who may provide services to CAMILLA and, thus, may require us to share your personal information to include (but are not limited to):
- Shopify (eCommerce platform);
- IT service providers (who support our website and business systems);
- NetSuite (an ERP system where all customer data, stock ordering, inventory and sales reporting are stored)
- GLEAM (third party competition service provider);
- Australia Post and DHL (postal delivery service providers);
- Emarsys (marketing and communication platforms for surveys or electronic marketing messages from us as well as customer relationship management platform to collect, store and manage customer relationship data).
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Affiliates and Affiliate Marketing
We partner with Rakuten Advertising who may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use, and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links
Investigations and law
We may disclose information about you to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our Terms and Conditions, our policies, or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information is de-identified and does not contain personal information about any user.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer even after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during your online session and disappear from your computer when you close the browser software.
- We may deliver advertisements to you. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements to you. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Note that clearing cookies from your browser will remove the above opt-outs because they are stored in cookies.
- Flash cookies (also known as local stored objects) are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information. Credit card information you provide through the Website is transmitted to our credit card processor, Shopify and tokenised so we do not retain your complete credit card number.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Website against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card or personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our payment processors. We assume no liability for disclosure of your information due to transmission errors, third-party access or causes beyond our control.
Any information collected through the Website is stored and processed in Australia and the United States of America. If you use our Website outside of Australia and/or the United States of America, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States and/or Australia (as may be applicable).
DATA RETENTION POLICY, MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we keep it depends on a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that personal information and our legal obligations.
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have your personal information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
At the end of the retention period, your information will either be deleted or de-identified/anonymised, (so that it can no longer identify you) for example by aggregation with other information or data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for research or statistical purposes and business planning, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you as it will not be personal data.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Website.
Changing your information
To change your information, you may login to your account’s control panel and go to the dashboard page. If you are unable to log into your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
Closing your account
You may close your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email account associated with your email address is not active, we may close your account without notice.
Information collected from other websites and mobile applications and do not track policy
Your browser or device may offer you a "do not track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Website does not support do not track requests at this time, which means that we or our analytics providers or other third parties with which we are working may collect information about your online activity both during and after your use of the Website.
The Website is not intended for use by children (being, individuals who are under the age of 13).
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please also visit the CAMILLA Website Terms & Conditions which state the terms, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing your use of the Website.
USA MAINLAND USERS
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at CAMILLA, 13 Bowden Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015 Australia.
Separately, under the California Consumer Privacy Act, if you reside in California you have a right of knowledge, access and deletion of your personal information. You also have a right to opt out of the sale of your personal information and (if you are also a resident of Nevada) a right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. If you would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please follow the prompts on our Website under the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section.
UK & EUROPEAN MAINLAND USERS
If you are:
- a resident of the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) accessing the Website in Australia; or
- accessing the Website from within the UK or the EEA,
Pursuant to the PECR, we are permitted to promote our products using electronic marketing messages (e.g. email) to our existing customers and/or those in negotiations with CAMILLA for a sale or service, unless you have asked us not to. If you are not an existing customer, you may consent to us sending you marketing communications by email. You can do this by opting-in or by ‘joining our tribe’ and providing appropriate consent to receive marketing communications.
You will be permitted to opt-out at anytime or otherwise ask us not to send you these emails when we first collect your contact details. Note, however, that opting-out or asking us not to send marketing communications will not stop our service communications, such as order updates.
You may withdraw your consent, unsubscribe or object (depending on the lawful basis of processing) to stop receiving these emails at any time.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY